View RSS Feed

And So Ends Another Chapter of My Life

Rate this Entry
Well, as of last night I have officially broken up with my girlfriend. It was rather, loud, let's just say that. But sometimes things like that just don't work out. Yeah she was upset, but there was no way we'd be able to resolve it anymore. I'm finished trying to convince myself that I love her anymore. Perhaps my speculation on being aromantic was right, because I know for sure I am asexual, but it took doing romantic stuff for me to realize "Oh, I actually don't like this.". Now, that's not to say I'm not grateful for the good times we have had, I thoroughly enjoyed them. But being friends is a much better option than getting back together, no matter how badly she wants that. It's not something that'll work anymore. I wish I could say I'm as heartbroken as she is, but I'm just not, which is another reason why I'm fairly certain I have no interest in any sort of "love". A relationship beyond friendship is not something I ever want again. But I'm just happy that I can finally put this behind me from now on.

I'm sorry you both had a difficult time, although it sounds worse from her side. I would caution you against absolutist thinking regarding asexuality. You might be completely aromantic asexual and there are paths to happiness and fulfillment there but it could also be that you haven't found the right situation yet. At your age, had these things been widely known, I would have also identified as aromantic asexual but at this point, demisexual seems far more apt. It's still a learning process but I hope you'll continue to be open to possibilities. You may end up surprising yourself over time, whether through actual change or just finding the right fit. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.