View RSS Feed

BenTennyson

Connecting?

Rate this Entry
It's difficult. When it comes to mental illness and being around people, you're left with two options:

1. Censor yourself around them: because you know they won't really understand/you feel like a negative energy or a pain when you talk about serious things (i.e. self-harm).

2. Be honest with them: tell them you're struggling and you want help or just someone to be around. This could go one of two ways - they accept it/you or they reject it/you.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I do think option 2, it's the right one.. but at the same time, I do understand it's so hard.
    Think about this: Would you risk your mom for a 50:50 chance of her understanding or kicking your butt? What would I be without her? What would we all be without our moms?

Quote Originally Posted by BenTennyson
    Think about this: Would you risk your mom for a 50:50 chance of her understanding or kicking your butt? What would I be without her? What would we all be without our moms?
    If you're actually asking me? I didn't feel her loving a facade of a person did me anything. I had to take the chance that she would love me, although my experiences were more about being trans and needing her to see me as her daughter.

So yeah, I have. I would. But I understand not everyone is me.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.