View RSS Feed

Shybug

Remembering Everything.

Rate this Entry
I hate my memory, I really do, makes me life a living hell, being able to remember pretty much everything that has happened to me to date, I have this way of remembering things in full blown color, some people say its awesome, I highly degress you don't remember just the good things, you remember the bad things.

Its depressing when I go by my day, and get a random recall of a event that happened to me when I was younger(getting bullied and getting my hand cut open) than randomly remembering what I had for dinner 2 years ago lol.

Downside is, I have no control over my memory, but I can remember most if not all things, that occur in my life, I'm not the best at remembering things in books and stuff, but I'm still quite good at it.

I have this weird, database of information about people in my head, every single thing that I've seen them do, or every single thing they say, I can remember, depressingly enough, people don't care about me that much to even pay attention to me, yet I some how know lots about that person.

I don't know why, but I've always been like this, no one believes me, yet I can recall everything that has gone though my brain, random information, facts etc.

It's weird, and depressing that my memory is so good, had someone tell my my memory was crap, only went to there house once, three years ago, and I recalled all there computer specs, everything, and got one thing wrong, they still didn't believe me lol.

Makes me really sad.

#feels sad
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I know it's a thing. I've seen more than once interviews or documentaries about people that can recall pretty much everything in their life.

I don't know how that feels like, but its gotta be like a double edge sword I imagine, it may come handy but like you said, you remember everything, the good, the bad and the irrelevent.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraldinhas
    I know it's a thing. I've seen more than once interviews or documentaries about people that can recall pretty much everything in their life.

I don't know how that feels like, but its gotta be like a double edge sword I imagine, it may come handy but like you said, you remember everything, the good, the bad and the irrelevent.
    In deed, the worst part about this though is, I dissociate sometimes, and forget everything, who I am, etc, but its not permanent or anything.

I have terrible short term memory though, I have this thing I discovered, If i repeat something in my head around 5 to 20 times, it finds a way to my long term memory, Its something I don't really have much control over.

Things are a lot easier, If I break it into smaller chunks, I'm good with phone numbers and licence plates, thats if I purposly try and remember them.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.