View RSS Feed

Premetheus

How do I post on this site without being misunderstood?

Rate this Entry
It seems like every post I make, I cannot get my feelings arcoss so everyone understands what I am saying. People assume things, then I get upset. I know I am a mess, that my depression hurts people but I want and am, getting treated for it. Hopefully soon I'll stop being so offended everytime someone calls me a nasty name or tells me something i already know. I want to be seen and heard by the ABDL community but I just am always going about it wrong.

Comments

Yeah I've had that on here before. That cycle where people make you feel horrible and then you sort of lash out and it makes it worse. Some people on this site are crap to be honest, not going to lie there are some terrible people on here.

But those people don't matter. If they just want to go around jumping to conclusions and being idiots then that's their problem, try not to let them affect you.

I had people be complete twats when all I wanted was help and to feel like people cared about me. Whenever I had people saying things like what you've been experiencing, I lashed out in a similar way. Just remember people may get annoyed with you because they can't see things from your point of view and they don't understand the emotions that you're going through.

I saw your latest post on the "Serious Post" thread. ArchieRoni is a bloody legend with this stuff, from what I can remember. Stick around people like him and ignore the idiots who just make you feel worse Good luck with everything buddy
    Stop giving a crap about what others think of you. That's all I can really say.

Quote Originally Posted by Milko
    Yeah I've had that on here before. That cycle where people make you feel horrible and then you sort of lash out and it makes it worse. Some people on this site are crap to be honest, not going to lie there are some terrible people on here.

But those people don't matter. If they just want to go around jumping to conclusions and being idiots then that's their problem, try not to let them affect you.

I had people be complete twats when all I wanted was help and to feel like people cared about me. Whenever I had people saying things like what you've been experiencing, I lashed out in a similar way. Just remember people may get annoyed with you because they can't see things from your point of view and they don't understand the emotions that you're going through.

I saw your latest post on the "Serious Post" thread. ArchieRoni is a bloody legend with this stuff, from what I can remember. Stick around people like him and ignore the idiots who just make you feel worse Good luck with everything buddy
    That's what I had figured, he seems too legit to quit as people used to say. I try to not let people effect me but I'm a sensitive guy xp

Quote Originally Posted by boobybird89
    Stop giving a crap about what others think of you. That's all I can really say.
    Easier said than done, I've always cared what other's think of me, maybe it's why I always overreact I guess. I'll try harder next time though.
    That's what held me back at first but then I realized that I needed to stop focusing on making the world happy and that its just as important for me to be happy. Sometimes you just have to remember that family and friends won't get hurt by what you say or think as long as its honest. People who do the opposite were never important to begin with so why care about them if they didn't care of you.
    Giving a crap about what others think of you is kind of important if you aspire to being more than a disgruntled outcast. Let's get real, boobybird.

I think most people here mean well, but if you want to ensure that you receive the best from them, you do sort of have to go out of your way to appear slightly hopeful, even if you feel completely hopeless inside. Why? Well--it's pretty simple, really: People don't generally devote themselves to obviously-lost causes. When they see something presented as a lost cause, they usually move on. Or, unfortunately, they may take the opportunity to dump their own garbage--frustrations that really have nothing to do with you--in the same place you've dumped yours. And then you feel even worse. It's not nice, but it is kind of easy to understand if you think about it that way.

So, yeah, winning sympathy does actually require displaying a dash of pride.

But also, few of us here really know each other. We're mostly a bunch of made-up online personas, only somewhat reflective of our human counterparts. So another thing to always consider, before taking things too personally, is that the people dumping on you are greatly aided by their nearly-complete ignorance of your real-life virtues. It's like they're seeing only your distorted face through a peephole and hearing only your muffled voice through the door. Getting to know somebody under those conditions is a tedious, deliberate effort. Fortunately, although that peephole affords only a rather narrow view, you still get to pick what the other person sees. Be thoughtful about what you put in front of it--realizing that it will be the subject of wild extrapolation--and you'll do well.

Best,
    Cottontail
    Updated 15-Sep-2015 at 14:53 by Cottontail
    I was thinking about posting here, but I think Cottontail's peephole analogy says it better than I would have managed.
    I'm not sure I get it, but alright. I still care what people think, I just don't care what I think. I don't view myself as a lost cause, nor do I view myself as valuable. This is what my therapist wants me to work on.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.