View RSS Feed

Why do I even try?

Rate this Entry
Honestly I don't know anymore.. I finally get a job interview after trying like 20 places, and my parents are criticizing me for it. I got offered an interview for a cashierposition at our local grocery store. Well my parents think that I won't like that position, because I had a horrible experiencew ith Wal-Mart last year.. this store is like 40 times smaller than Wal-Mart... Also nobody bothered to teach me a damn thing when I worked for Wal-Mart... They threw me at a register and expected me to know what I was doing... This time it's a smaller store, I am running a register and I have someone to bag for me... But my parents keep telling me it is going to be the same thing and I will quit in 4 days...why do I even try anymore... I would rather live like I used to, pissed off and upset all the time than trying to be happy ...

Come on man! Don't give up I know it is hard for you to do trust I am going through my own issues right with trying to get a job one that I can keep and remain committed to maybe not committed to the whole rest of my life! I would just like one for now that makes me happy long enough to find that other job out there!

Anyways keep your head up high and fight the good fight and let your parents know you will not give up!!

You will feel better in the long run so keep going and make good things happen I know you can!
    Don't let your parents get you down like that. The only person who can make this job work out is you. My mother is the same way when I get a new job or move to a new place, I've gotten to the point where I just flat out ignore it.
    You got the job interview! Yay, that's great news. Throw yourself into it with motivation and enthusiasm. If you do that then, at the end of the day, you will know that you have given it your best, regardless of the outcome or what other people are telling you.
    Thanks just a couple more hours until I go in... Bluefire I hope things work out for you I am so nervous I just dint know what's going to happen. I know this store is like 20X smaller than a Wal-Mart... I hope that I somehow don't screw it up
    If it is 20x smaller than Wal-mart you should have no problem handling things there! I am sure you will do good! Hell you might even make manager one day just keep your chin up!!
    Good luck with it, and remember, it's normal to be nervous when you're starting a new job. Just be yourself and they'll love you.
    Hehe well I has good news nothing is official until my drug test comes back. :P but I is a good boy and I don't do any icky drugs so I don't anything to worry about. But, they said that they would call me for orientation next Monday hehe I is gonna be making that diaper money :P.. well after my phone bill is paid each month
    Forget what they say, prove them wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Duality
    Forget what they say, prove them wrong!
    Thanks I am so far. I am just waiting for them to call me back about orientation I am so excited
    good luck buddy im rooting for you! ^_^
    Good luck. Working on the register teachers you so many valuable work skills. Just remember to smile and ask how their day was enthusiastically and 95% of customers will be happy.
    I will remember to smile, be polite, and on my best behavior - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.