View RSS Feed

sallieemma28

new and exploring

Rate this Entry
Hello to anyone who might be reading this.

I feel both relieved and a little scared to have a place to be able to open up about my little side amongst like-minded folks. I have had to hide and stuff down this part of me for so long, only letting bits and pieces out.

Yes, my husband and kids know that mom sleeps with a plushie or a doll, and likes to color now and then, and loves Pixar movies, but they take that as all part of my eccentricities. They don't know that I long to dress up in little girl clothes, suck on a paci and drink from a sippy cup, play with toys, and be cuddled and even rocked, and talked to and cared for as if I am 4 or 5 years old.

My childhood is a wild mix of happy experiences and memories and horrible trauma and innocence stolen. I do not remember ever, EVER feeling safe. Ever. I was terrified of the dark, terrified of being left alone in bed at night, and I was told to suck it up. I have always been extremely emotionally sensitive, and as a child I was chided, scolded and mocked by my own family for always crying or being too emotional. So my sweet, playful, innocent little girl got stuffed and stuffed further and further down until she practically disappeared...but not quite.

She was there waiting when a wonderful therapist entered my life and helped me work through all the bad memories and trauma and heartbreak. Now she wants to come out and play and I am ready to let her, to nurture this sweet side of me that was never allowed a voice.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi Sallieemma28.
    Don't be scared at all about being here at ADISC, or about being open and expressing yourself here. You are indeed among like-minded folks. You are among friends.
    I know exactly how it feels to hide this part of yourself, from everyone. I, too, never really felt safe as a child, I was always scared. My sweet, playful, innocent little girl was never allowed to show herself because, well, my natal, physical form was male. I was always being chided, scolded and mocked by my own family for crying or being too emotional, for being afraid of the dark. " Suck it up, be a man, stop acting like a girl ! "
    I would love to be be cuddled, rocked, cared for and talked to as if I were a 4 or 5 year old little girl, even if it was only for a few minutes. That seems so weird, and silly to say, but I think it would make me happier than I have ever felt before. Oh well, I am content to come home and dress up in little girl clothes, and drink from sippy cups, play with my dolls and my toys, and just do some of the things I always wanted to do when I was a 4 or 5 year old child.
    I am so glad that you have been able to work through the trials you suffered when you were a child. Please do come out and play. Scream, shout and sing. Your sweet little girl has a voice here. Best wishes, and take care.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.