View RSS Feed

What I've Been Missing

Rate this Entry
So today I picked up my first AB supplies. I drove out to Walmart and picked up some baby wipe, a bottle, and a package of two pacifiers. The bottle I chose was the Playex Ventaire bottle and the pacifiers I grabbed were Nuk size 3's. When I finally got a chance to be alone I brought in the stuff from my car and started setting up. I filled the bottle with juice, took the pacifiers out of the package and set up a diaper and a changing station. I diapered up and before doing anything else grabbed my bottle from the nearby chair to try out.

I had never expected it to have such an affect on how it feels to be padded. Sucking on the bottle made me feel safe in a way and it calmed me to the point that I didn't even feel the need to put on the clothes I usually put on over my diaper. After finishing about half of the bottle I put it to the side (a bit reluctantly) and plopped the pacifier in my mouth. It too was a strange but comforting feeling that just made me feel calm and like all of my worries were fading away. I'm actually sucking on it now as I write this. I never was too sure about how I would feel about the AB side of things but I think I can definitely say that my decision to embrace with a caretaker that I know and trust is going to be a great experience.

I did run into one problem though. The bottle, since it's designed for babies, does not have a high enough flow rate for me. Is there a way I can fix this or will the problem fix itself in time as I use it more often?

Stick a sewing needle in the hole. They come in different sizes so use a larger one. Parents do this for their babies all the time. Usually the needle is sterilized in alcohol or burned with a lighter first.

Glad to hear you had a wonderful experience!
    Sounds like a good plan to me. Thanks for the advice and kind words =)
    If you can get your hands on bottles like this, you will have it made. The vent helps with the flow rate and I love them.
    That's the type I have. Maybe the ventilation system wasn't set up properly; I'll have to look into that tonight. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.