View RSS Feed

Manveru's AurGasm Blog: The Killers - Day And Age

Rate this Entry

This album is f*cking crazy amazing. I downloaded it...err, purchased it legally last week and I have not stopped listening to it since. It's got so many addicting and amazing songs, it definitely makes up for the fact that the album took them like 2.5 years to finish.

[B]Album Rating[/B]: 10/10
This song reminds me of everything I loved from The Killers' previous two albums - Sam's Town (which was a bit of a letdown for me) and Hot Fuss (Which I loved). A great mix of mellow and upbeat between the songs - and sometimes withing the songs - that just can't be beat or even matched.

The music is very Hot Fuss-esque - a lot of it doesn't really make sens, lyrically, but the songs still manage to convey pretty prominent moods and feelings.

I really know jack squat about The Killers as a band, other than that they make awesome music. I've never really seen them get much negative press, though, so I guess they're at least decent people. I've been getting their music since a friend introduced me to Hot Fuss and I like it quite a bit for when I need to mellow out. Or rock out, with some of the songs on Day and Age.

This album is a lot more like Hot Fuss than Sam's Town, which a lot of Killers fans would say is favorable, since I hear that Sam's Town did not get much love - and I can see why. The Killers decided to try a much different tone with Sam's Town, and it was a bit too different. It was obviously trying to tell a story, but the means and method just didn't fit it too well. And although DnA is like Hot Fuss, it blazes its own trail with newly styled songs like Human, This Is Your Life, and Neon Tiger. All in all, I find it to be their best album yet.

Top 5 Songs:
Neon Tiger
This Is Your Life
A Crippling Blow (Bonus Track)

[B]Day And Age Final Rating:[/B] 100% AurGasmic!

I thought this album was a let down...If I had to rank them from best to worst, it would be Hot Fuss, Sam's Town Day & Age, and Sawdust
    Pojo I don't love you anymore.
  3. Pojo's Avatar - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.