View RSS Feed

Being a Green 1%er update.

Rate this Entry
So two of my previous blogs was about the instillation of my solar panels.

Well today I got my 5th energy bill since the solar panels went on line.

I have a $25k investment and so far I have gotten:

$5,900 off of my taxes.

Paid for 535 KWh that I have put on the grid (=$44.41)

and not charged for 1060 kwh (=$87.98)

So total so far is $6,032.39 in 5 months.

Not bad.

Congrats! I'm so glad they are working out for you! ♥
    Nice, I hope solar prices continue to come down.
    So 2-3 year payback? I forget, how close is that to your original estimate?
    Very cool! I've contemplated solar, but haven't done the math yet. Where we are in the islands, windmills are also popular.

Of course, the greenness depends a lot on where your solar cells or wind turbines come from. If it's China, you're probably in carbon debt for life!
    Maxx it is a 1 year deal with a 10 year pay back estimate.

Cottontail everything is made in the state of Washington. This is why I am also in some of the tax incentives and payback programs.

Some of my calculations where off because I can not out do the physics of light angles and that sort of things. But over all I am getting better result then the what I found on the internet when I investigated the possibilities. A lot of the information out there is based on Florida and California data, But still I should make a lot of my benefits during our 16 hour daylight summers and less during the rain season. But bottom line I still am not grinding up fish through the Hydroelectric dams. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.