View RSS Feed

cozycandyfly

Ignorance and Arrogance

Rate this Entry
One day someone asked me, weather the internet was software or hardware, my reply was.

Me.
The internet is theoretically hardware, because It is a physical connection of computers and is done though the phone lines, satellites ect, you kick damage a connection between on server and the other, the server goes down.

Them.
No the internet is software because its an application on the computer.

Me.
That is the world wide web, the world wide web is software, the internet is hardware, you can have the internet without the world wide web, but you can't have the world wide web without the internet.

Them.
The internet is software, WIFI is hardware.

Me:
WIFI is what connects the computers up to the physical network, the internet is physical.

Them.
Well, I'll ask the IT lady, she has a degree.

Me.
No she doesn't.

Them.

Well, I asked the IT lady and she said it was software.

Me.
I don't care what she has to think, degrees don't mean jackshit, all they do is help you get a job, anyone can get a degree, it isn't rocket science, you can still be good at something even if you don't have a degree.

Them.
Degrees mean everything, a person who has a degree knows more then you because you didn't have the education.

Me.
Bitch, I know what the fuck, I'm talking about, I've literally helped some of my friends get there networking degrees, I know as much or more then someone with a degree, so shut up.

Them.

You're wrong you better just admit it.

Me.

I'm not even going to bother, I doubt they have any clue on what information I know, for gods sake, I've ran my own web servers in the past, I've programmed web servers in the past(that all it did was display hello, world)

God dammit, why am I always underestimated because I don't have a degree.

The funny thing is, the IT lady doesn't have a degree, has no clue what she is doing, and chances are, If someone where to even try, they could hack the network lol, its that bad.

Sorry for the harsh language.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I wonder what they'd do if you linked them to dads website and told them he never finished his education XD (he works in the tv industry mostly, but he's also in music, parties, and whatever else you need him for...)
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.