View RSS Feed

Weird idea?

Rate this Entry
I was looking for a new job some where around me. It's only trash jobs (By trash jobs I mean cashier or team member in a fast food place) and oil field jobs There is nothing here. I already have a fast food job. It sucks. I have no better way of saying it. It completely sucks, so I was thinking of some new ideas. The idea of leaving the country came to mind. Is this a mad idea? The US is in bad shape now, and I don't see it getting any better for people in my age range. I always wanted to see another country anyways.

Leaving the country is a big step. If you're looking for work, you may be up against citizens of that country and a future employer may wonder if you are there to stay if you maintain your US citizenship.

Then there's language barriers. Do you know any foreign languages? Where would you stay until you have money? Do you have money to relocate? I know fast food sucks. I worked at Burger King for two months. I then moved on to retail where the working conditions were much better and I didn't smell like food all the time. From personal experience, at least where I live, the economy is picking up. I'm much busier at work than I was two or three years ago and my employer is hiring more people this year.

Take a look around. Check the want ads. Fill out job applications for other businesses. Good luck!
    I recall mentioning this before, DBM, about looking into other communities where the employment situation is better. It' definitely something to consider if the economy has been stagnant where you're living and it doesn't show any sign of picking up in the future. I just don't think you need to leave the country to do it. Take some time and look around your own country first. You could do a little research to see which states are booming and which one are stagnant or in a state of decline, and then decide if it's worth the move.

You also need to consider other variables such as the cost of living within different areas and the affordability of housing.
    Updated 16-May-2015 at 15:42 by Starrunner
    just speaking from personal experience, i would recommend schooling of some type. had a couple different dead end jobs for about 8 years before i finally went to a trade school. Since then my options have opened up dramatically. It might suck to place yourself in debt, but the younger you are the easier its going to be to accomplish. There a lot of ways for you to get out of your predicament with out leaving the country. and also keep in mind that there are cities in the country where there are a number of people like you, maybe you could make new friends. i hear Seattle and New York have decent sized communities. food for thought.
    I've looked into trade schools and couldn't find any I care for. I'm still looking through. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.