View RSS Feed

The life of Snivy

Gotem!

Rate this Entry
After 2 years of searching for a job, I finally got a job as a delivery driver for a Chinese restaurant and on my god...I am soooooo happy. I have a few questions pertaining to delivery driving and It was a bit hard understanding the manager.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I used to deliver for Pizza Hut in my early-mid teens (I was like 14-16 at the time, they were strapped for drivers and I knew how to ride a moped). If your using a bike or scooter like I did, look forward and concentrate on the road, the food boxes are tough and can afford to get knocked around a bit. Try and do the speed limit, customers are more likely to give you a tip if the food is still mildly hot. Always wear your uniform so people will know that your not another teen on a moped, in my case they were more considerate and let you pass them more easily. And above all, keep your bag on you at all times so you can get the food to the door more easily.
    I have to use my car to deliver so the 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye and thanks for the advice Kitter. No uniform, just a sign on my car.

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy
    I have to use my car to deliver so the 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye and thanks for the advice Kitter. No uniform, just a sign on my car.
    Your welcome, I'm practically blind without my glasses (in fact, I believe the state of Indiana considers me legally blind when in a motor vehicle), so I have never driven anywhere in my life.
    Oh yeah, and carry some self defense on you if at all possible. It can be pepper spray or a taser, keep in mind your going up to people's doors and you never know who could open the door. Personally, I was too young at the time to carry a stun gun, so I chose a can of mace and kept it clipped to my belt. It also helped that I knew quite a lot of street fighting techniques I taught myself, so I didn't really have a need to use anything other than mace. I only had to use it once when somebody refused to pay their bill and pulled a knife on me, sprayed them and kicked em in the nuts, then called the cops and they took care of it. Just stay safe out their, espicially if your making a delivery to a bad part of town.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.