View RSS Feed

archerstaley

The Incontinent Veteran - Being a Father with incontinence

Rate this Entry
I have had a couple questions about raising children that understand incontinence.
Currently I have a 11 year old, 5 year old and a baby on the way. My oldest knows that I have to wear diapers and never really had to deal with me needing them when he was younger because my injuries came later in his life. My youngest on the other hand, he has just been kept in the dark really. Some people criticize that decision, and call me dishonest.
My question to those parents is always the same. Do your kids believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy?
That usually shuts most people up. I am simply protecting him and myself from embarrassment and the hurtful ways of kids and their parents alike. I donít want him to be picked on because his dad has to wear diapers, or have parents not let their kids play or come over because they think I am weird or unable to be responsible for their kids, so I do not put him in a situation where he could share the fact that I need diapers. When he is old enough I will tell him about it and he will understand. The same will go for our new baby.

Comments

ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.