View RSS Feed

tai

Grandfathers will.

Rate this Entry
It's been hard realizing he's gone.So today I got a chance to look at my grandfathers will. He's been deceased for the past six months and he always liked doing thing the hard way, so we were supposed to look at his will during the winter equinox, but I had a moment of weakness and wanted to see his handwriting. He left me a all of his books and 2 set of 14th century swords one a child's blade ( still in excellent condition)and a letter. but that's not why I'm writing this. I need help in finding something out in the letter it told me to seek out a group called the Theosophical Society. the problem is theres nothing current or relevant on the internet.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Seems like this is pretty relevant: https://theosophical.org/. If you weren't seeing it, it seems like it's a failure of geographically relevant search results.
    EDIT: Trevor beat me to it. Yeah, probably a geographical thing.

Not surprisingly, the first hit I got was this Wikipedia article. A quick skim of this article led to the following sentence under the Schisms section: "The original organisation led by Olcott and Besant remains today based in India and is known as the Theosophical Society - Adyar." That group, of course, has its own article. In that article, was a reference to the Theosophical Society in America. In the reference section of that article was a link to http://www.theosophical.org/, the group's web site.

In fact, I can't stop finding information about it. It's everywhere. Challenge me next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail
    EDIT: Trevor beat me to it. Yeah, probably a geographical thing.

Not surprisingly, the first hit I got was this Wikipedia article. A quick skim of this article led to the following sentence under the Schisms section: "The original organisation led by Olcott and Besant remains today based in India and is known as the Theosophical Society - Adyar." That group, of course, has its own article. In that article, was a reference to the Theosophical Society in America. In the reference section of that article was a link to http://www.theosophical.org/, the group's web site.

In fact, I can't stop finding information about it. It's everywhere. Challenge me next time.
    (sorry I didn't put the full name_Then how about this. Thats not the true society. same name ,same agenda that was apparently like a subsidiary to the group. (from my granfather notes) After the cottingley fairies incident thecTheosophical Society of britian disbanded for some strange reason and went into hiding. Not much is known about the group as most common knowledge is circumstantial at best .
    id be happy to share more but at least not in blog form
    The organisation referred to in Trevor's link is real enough to have a big 'effing building on a lot of land on Main Street, Wheaton IL. I've seen it with my own eyes while driving down that street. Have a look on Google Earth.

That said, I don't know anything about their beliefs or mission, nor do I care enough to look them up. Having lived in the Chicago area my whole life, I know Wheaton is a hotbed for all kinds of religious and quasi-religious stuff. Wheaton College, with its Billy Graham Center for one.

Quote Originally Posted by tai
    (sorry I didn't put the full name_Then how about this. Thats not the true society. same name ,same agenda that was apparently like a subsidiary to the group. (from my granfather notes) After the cottingley fairies incident thecTheosophical Society of britian disbanded for some strange reason and went into hiding. Not much is known about the group as most common knowledge is circumstantial at best .
    id be happy to share more but at least not in blog form
    Careful if they are as secret as you say they might come after you XD

Sounds like a hoax too me though
    Well, if you don't know what this subsidiary group was called or where it went, you might check out the long list of related groups mentioned in the Wikipedia article. Some are spin-offs, some parallels.
    alright I'll start by giving that a shot so thankyou all for the help
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.