Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: finally talked to my mom about wearing diapers

Diaper Lover
    Diaperfur

Default finally talked to my mom about wearing diapers

So, today my mom came down to visit me for the day . I mentioned I have been having more bedwetting issues lately and I thunk its cuz of deeper sleep while using cpap. I also told her that I still wear diapers a lot. I knew I was put back into diapers at 7 but I didnt know why. Well it turns out. That weather I knew it or not that being born 3 months premature and soending a year in the hospital causes a lot of mental stress, and not like using public toilets as a kid doesnt help, so I hadd accidents and mess my pants and as it turns out , I was a bedwetter also. This all led to me being put back in diapers. This obviously also had a major effect on me, so when u combine all this stuff, im not surprised at all that im a DL. Im also not surprised that im now having bedwetting issues again. My mom was very understanding and able to give me some of those crucial answers I was lacking. Shes glad we had the talk and that im happy with being who I am.

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover
    Caretaker

That's great you are able to share things like that with your family.

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover

It's interesting how our relationships with our parents can change once we become adults. At least this happens in healthy relationships. Sometimes getting useful and needed information can fill in a lot of gaps. I wish I had done the same with my mom, but both my mom and dad died while I was still in my younger twenties. Congratulations to you for having the courage and the foresight.

Diaper Lover
    Diaperfur
    Sissy / LG
    Little

That's awesome that you were able to work things out with her! I hope you have this much success in the future.

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover

That's great your mom was understanding, I was lucky enough my mom was too, untill she found some of my baby things, that was very hard having to try and describe to her what AB was.

Diaper Lover
    Incontinent

I never had a desire to tell my parents about my wearing plastic underpants & diapers in college or thick training underpants and PULs now. At age 5 my parents put me in plastic undepants after having several nights of wetting the bed. It wasn't a punishment, I obviously needed them and soon after was not required to wear them. At age 8 my friend's mother had me wear protection at night for sleepovers because I heavily wet the bed; same thing, it was not a punishment, I needed them. I figured my parents must have know about the nighttime situation at my friend's house but they never mentioned it and so I figured why should they if it helped me. In college I wore more fulltime at night and coming home in the summers I still wore and even after my father saw my plastic underpants on my bed one day (he made a strange face and I did not know what he saw until he left my room and I looked over my shoulder and realized I had left them on the bed). I concluded the same thing, he must have thought I needed them and if it kept my bed dry them what is the point of mentioning it? I had always put a plastic cover on my mattress and even when I was out one summmer Saturday and came home in the afternoon my mom had washed my sheets because she was doing all the sheets that day and my plastic cover was quite obvious until she brought me back clean sheets to put on the bed. They are both loving parents and I actually am happy there was never a big inquiry / deal made about it. I have alwasy washed my own plastic underpants and diapers / trainers so this keeps it somewhat personal. I have never worn in front of them except a few times when I got up later in the morning and came down to eat but I always had sweat pants on. It is possible they may have heard a rustling but they never said anything.

Interesting.... I was premature also. I weighed a little over 3lbs. How much did you weigh? Also, glad that your talk went well with your mom.

Quote Originally Posted by nikthewerelion View Post
    So, today my mom came down to visit me for the day . I mentioned I have been having more bedwetting issues lately and I thunk its cuz of deeper sleep while using cpap. I also told her that I still wear diapers a lot. I knew I was put back into diapers at 7 but I didnt know why. Well it turns out. That weather I knew it or not that being born 3 months premature and soending a year in the hospital causes a lot of mental stress, and not like using public toilets as a kid doesnt help, so I hadd accidents and mess my pants and as it turns out , I was a bedwetter also. This all led to me being put back in diapers. This obviously also had a major effect on me, so when u combine all this stuff, im not surprised at all that im a DL. Im also not surprised that im now having bedwetting issues again. My mom was very understanding and able to give me some of those crucial answers I was lacking. Shes glad we had the talk and that im happy with being who I am.

Diaper Lover
    Diaperfur

1.5 Ib was literally one of the first babies in the country to survive being born that early

Diaper Lover
    Incontinent

Glad the talk went well, and that your mom was understanding, it's always good to hear that loved ones are accepting and helpful.

Wow......little, there is a good reason your here.

Quote Originally Posted by nikthewerelion View Post
    1.5 Ib was literally one of the first babies in the country to survive being born that early

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast