Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cerebral Palsy and diapers

jimisu

From this brief statement, it sounds as though our experiences were quite similar. I, too, have cerebral palsy; I, too, attended a special school where the physical therapy staff (not the teachers) diapered kids after accidents and frequently, if not habitually, made fun of them in the process. The pretext for this might have been to discourage further messing. In effect, I believe, this introduced a grey area of ambiguity that they should have been aware of--the correlation between humiliation and arousal in the pre-pubescent. I was terrified, but I was also aroused, particularly when I reflected on the experience afterward. And it became my first conscious awareness of sex. And since my disability prevented me from a normal awareness of sex, this abnormal introduction became pre-eminent in my life, especially as onanism gradually became my only mode of sexual expression. Among contemporary sexologists, Nancy Friday lifted the taboo on infantalism, and I am grateful to her for her tolerant attitude. I am almost shocked, however, to discover that infantalism is so prevelalent among the non-disabled. I would have said it is almost disabled people's sexual province.

jimisu

I was put into diapers by the physio staff at my elementary school. and I've been wearing them ever since.

Adultbaby
    Incontinent

Hi,

I have Cerebral Palsy too and have been wearing diapers 24/7 for a long time now. I wear disposables mostly and am double diapered occasionally for overnight or when travelling. It took me a while to get used to going back into diapers but now it's just a fact of life for me and I've chosen to wear diapers instead of taking drugs or using a catheter. My problem is being able to get to the toilet on time or not knowing when I need to go. I need someone to change me three or four times per day and I have caretakers do that for me. I travel a lot for my work so have arranged people wherever I go to assist me. This works really well and I am amazed at how understanding people are. I guess other people see my disability and are comfortable with the fact that I'm in diapers due to the fact that I have a disability - almost as though they expect it sometimes. Whenever I travel, it's just natural for me to take diapers, powder and a changing pad with me. You get used to it and it just becomes part of who you are and what you need to do in order to live your life.

Because of my needs, I've also found adult baby clothing to be very helpful and I have one peice pyjama suits made for me as well as bibs, plastic pants and bodysuits - all which make me feel comfortable, secure and make my caretakers job easier. For me, because I have no choice in wearing diapers and having to be dressed and changed by others, I've embrassed the lifestyle and actually enjoy it. I am able to present myself when working as pretty ordinary while at the same time being dressed and cared for in ways that help me and that I enjoy. Having Cerebral Palsy is not bad for me at all and actually enables me to enjoy a lifestyle that I enjoy!

I hope this helps others in similar situations - happy to chat about it anytime!

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover

i have a friend with minor cerebral palsey. it mainly affects her depth perception. she is not able to drive as a result. dont know of any other effects

jimisu

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaR View Post
    Hi,

I have Cerebral Palsy too and have been wearing diapers 24/7 for a long time now. I wear disposables mostly and am double diapered occasionally for overnight or when travelling. It took me a while to get used to going back into diapers but now it's just a fact of life for me and I've chosen to wear diapers instead of taking drugs or using a catheter. My problem is being able to get to the toilet on time or not knowing when I need to go. I need someone to change me three or four times per day and I have caretakers do that for me. I travel a lot for my work so have arranged people wherever I go to assist me. This works really well and I am amazed at how understanding people are. I guess other people see my disability and are comfortable with the fact that I'm in diapers due to the fact that I have a disability - almost as though they expect it sometimes. Whenever I travel, it's just natural for me to take diapers, powder and a changing pad with me. You get used to it and it just becomes part of who you are and what you need to do in order to live your life.

Because of my needs, I've also found adult baby clothing to be very helpful and I have one peice pyjama suits made for me as well as bibs, plastic pants and bodysuits - all which make me feel comfortable, secure and make my caretakers job easier. For me, because I have no choice in wearing diapers and having to be dressed and changed by others, I've embrassed the lifestyle and actually enjoy it. I am able to present myself when working as pretty ordinary while at the same time being dressed and cared for in ways that help me and that I enjoy. Having Cerebral Palsy is not bad for me at all and actually enables me to enjoy a lifestyle that I enjoy!

I hope this helps others in similar situations - happy to chat about it anytime!
    Thanks very much. I think we have much in common in our experiences here.
    My carer dresses, changes and washes me, too. She makes me eat with a bib.
    Doing what she wants makes me know she is happy to be with me, devoted to my comfort and fulfilling what she sees as her role as my carer. What does it matter, she says, if my care resembles a baby's? It's gentle and loving...and how many non-disabled people can say that about their lives?
    I feel instinctively you know what I mean. Very best wishes to you amd your caretakers.
    Last edited by jimisu; 02-Nov-2012 at 19:17. Reason: i made a slight mistake

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover
    Incontinent

Hi, Im new here, I'm 46 and have Ceebral Palsy. I was potty trained when I was about 8 or 9 but strarted having accidents again by the time I was 15. Mum decided to put back in diapers. At first I did not think I needed them. But now I am in diapers all the time, and pleased I am. I am not sure if all that work to get me out of diapers was worth it.

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover

Reading posts from others with cerebral palsy is reassuring, especially that I can relate to everyone's experiences one way or another. During my grade school days, I had frequent accidents at night up until middle school. I took the fact I wore diapers with good integrity. Wearing them made me feel secure, so I would often get into my nighttime diapers when I wasn’t supposed to. When my mom realized that I was wearing diapers out of choice and not necessity, she tried to get me to sleep on absorbent pads instead of sleeping with diapers. I admit that I would deliberately move the pad so I would have an accident, which eventually led to her buying more diapers. It was deceptive, but I outgrew my bedwetting phases around the 8th grade and from there on out, I started to buy my own.

Default Cerebral Palsy and diapers

Quote Originally Posted by babybluejay View Post
    Reading posts from others with cerebral palsy is reassuring, especially that I can relate to everyone's experiences one way or another. During my grade school days, I had frequent accidents at night up until middle school. I took the fact I wore diapers with good integrity. Wearing them made me feel secure, so I would often get into my nighttime diapers when I wasn’t supposed to. When my mom realized that I was wearing diapers out of choice and not necessity, she tried to get me to sleep on absorbent pads instead of sleeping with diapers. I admit that I would deliberately move the pad so I would have an accident, which eventually led to her buying more diapers. It was deceptive, but I outgrew my bedwetting phases around the 8th grade and from there on out, I started to buy my own.
    I rarely had night time trouble. It was mostly during the day when I would forget I needed to potty until the last minute.

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Tezzers View Post
    To the op: What type of CP you got? My bro has spastic quad CP...Anyway, back on topic...There's a few people I know of that have CP here, Not gonna mention names but I'll certianly direct them to this thread.
    I have athetoid cerebral palsy.

Diaper Lover

Its up to me to perform a little thread resurrection. I know I mentioned this on another thread awhile ago but I have Cerebral Palsy as well. Kind of scary to see how many of us are on here. I can trace my interest to the self contained class I was in k-1 grade. I was envious of the kids who had to wear diapers. Of course when I got older I realized how sucky diaper dependence really was. Never had any training issues but God help me as many times as I pissed my pants at an age WAY beyond acceptable limits maybe I should have been put in diapers for some reason or another. In fact no scratch that I know how hard the urges (know what I mean) hit me at the onset of puberty I can't imagine how bad it would have been if I was actually using them at night or something. Now that I think of it the only time it was really a problem was when I was hanging out with friends and laughed to hard.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast