Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do they make plastic backed anymore?

Ace
    Diaper Lover

Best bet is to try at a pharmacy, they generally have a better selection than if you were to go to a supermarket or a grocery store. And yes, the Depends are still plastic backed (just picked up a new pack) but you have to be careful which ones to get, you'll want the "fitted maximum protection" All of the other ones are of the pull-up variety and are cloth backed. A lot of the grocery stores around me only carry the pull up type, so I have to go to an actual pharmacy to get the tape-on style.

Secret

But which kind of "Depend" is plastic backed?

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover

Quote Originally Posted by secret101 View Post
    But which kind of "Depend" is plastic backed?
    The "Fitted Maximum Protection tape on style is still plastic backed.

Quote Originally Posted by gman1225 View Post
    O man thank you. I don't mean to bug but are any of these sold at like a grcery store or walmart or target. i know some are expensive and only availible through online purchase and i cant risk my mom getting home before me and finding a box full of diapers.....

The Depends and Attends you can get at some stores. Depends are much easier to get though...

Also, if you drive, try calling up medical supply stores in your area and asking if they sell briefs for incontinence. That is how I got all of my good ones before I was able to order though the mail..

~Johnathon
    Last edited by Peachy; 22-Sep-2008 at 20:20. Reason: merging double post

Diaper Lover

Tranquility ATN, Mega Care Line Briefs, Longs brand Overnight Briefs, and Assurance.

Ace
    Diaper Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathon View Post
    The Depends and Attends you can get at some stores. Depends are much easier to get though...

~Johnathon
    Be careful with some of the newer Attends. There's one store near me that sells them, it's an independent locally owned pharmacy, not one of the chain ones. Anyway, they have carried attends for years, and they always had the plastic backed ones with the two tapes, they were blue if I remember. They were OK, but I recently went there to buy a pack and all they had were the "Breathable" briefs. I figured since I did drive about 15 miles to go there I'd pick them up.

Big mistake! They are cloth backed, which I really don't care about one way or another. They fit very poorly - I can't get them tight enough and absorbancy is disappointing at best. Figured I'd let you know about the possibility, not all attends are created equal I guess.

A good low cost plastic diaper can be found at Zellers. They are fairly thin and don't hold a whole lot, but the diaper is a wide cut style and the low bottom tapes make a good seal around the legs. Some tape will be helpfull because the three tapes on each side are very low and the waist will be loose, just add your own set of top tapes.

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover
    Babyfur

Assurance (from walmart) around here still sells plastic backing I think. Also diapers you can order online have plastic backing.

yall's forgetin teh trankwilty ants

In proper english, many of you have forgotten to mention that Tranquility's ATN diapers are plastic-backed.

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover

Angry Assurance

I just bought a pack of Assurance at Walmart and they are cloth backed:cryhankie: I normally used them on weeknights because they were cheap and they normally held just enough. I will have to find a new diaper for weeknights. The cloth back causes rashes on my inner leg from the rubbing.

Diaper Lover

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabyemily View Post
    I just bought a pack of Assurance at Walmart and they are cloth backed:cryhankie: I normally used them on weeknights because they were cheap and they normally held just enough. I will have to find a new diaper for weeknights. The cloth back causes rashes on my inner leg from the rubbing.
    That sucks I liked them plastic backed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast