Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What adult diaper has the loudest crinkle or thickest plastic backing?

cravethesecurefeelin

Default What adult diaper has the loudest crinkle or thickest plastic backing?

I currently wear an Abena M4 with a plastic backing but was curious to know if there are other brands out there with a louder crinkle. I'm also curious to know which brand has the thickest plastic backing. I would think the thickness of the plastic determines the level of crinkliness. What does everyone think?

Adultbaby

I don't believe it's the THICKNESS. Trannquility ATNs are about the crinkliest left out there and their plastic feels pretty thin. I think it's more of what kind of plastic it is.

Butterfly Mage

Attends (the type with six tapes and waistband) are probably the noisiest diapers I've ever worn. They have a wonderful crinkle and are very comfortable to wear. As far as being used for intended purposes, the Attends diaper is a mixed bag.

-- Positive: Very comfortable to wear, feels babyish, white (w/ no wetness stripes), relatively inexpensive ($49.99 for 72), lots of crinkle, and the padding is pretty wide.
    -- Negative: Not the most absorbent diaper around (better than Depends but not even close to Abena), padding tends to break up after four hours or so.

For moderate incontinence (like mine) the Attends diaper is just fine since it is absorbent enough for what I need *and* plays well into my psychological needs as a DL.

If you're actually wanting to make a diaper crinkly just cut a strip from the side of a cheap, thin plastic shopping bag and tape it to your diaper using the ends (so it's a little loose). It'll crinkle like crazy

Quote Originally Posted by willnotwill View Post
    Trannquility ATNs are about the crinkliest left out there
    I was about to say the same thing. I've tried many different diapers over the years, and IMO the Tranquility ATN's are the crinkliest out there. I'd think they rate up there with the Bambinos as far as crinkle noise is concerned.

Now, as for thickness, I think there is a new contender on the market: the Dry 24/7's. I used to be a huge Abena X-plus fan. However, recently after trying the Dry 24/7's I think these are the thickest on the market. This is why I have both the Abena and Dry 24/7 listed on my profile as my favorite diapers.

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover

The most crinkly thing I can think of is peva plastic pants. As in crinklying when you shift your weight in a chair.

DrunknFox

Bambinos.

Diaper Lover

You are actually looking for two different things here. Having one doesn't necessarily mean you will achieve the other. In my opinion only, from my experience, thicker plastic backing on a diaper doesn't make it noisier...in fact it is usually the opposite. For example, the Dry 24/7s have some of the thickest plastic I have seen, but they are not really very noisy. The same goes for several foreign diapers I have tried which had thick plastic, including the Italian Carrafour store brand.

As for a "crinkly" diaper, I believe that the cheaper diapers actually crinkle the most. One of the noisiest I have found is the "At Ease" diaper, which is not so common to find in local stores, but easy to find online. The Depends Maximum Protection are also fairly noisy. The drawback of course with these "noisy" diapers is that they suck in terms of absorbency.

Quote Originally Posted by willnotwill View Post
    I don't believe it's the THICKNESS. Trannquility ATNs are about the crinkliest left out there and their plastic feels pretty thin. I think it's more of what kind of plastic it is.
    The Tranquility Slim line is even louder than the ATN because the majority of the plastic in the middle is not attached to the padding of the diaper. This makes them crinkle even more than the ATN because the plastic is free to move about quite a bit. Vintage Attends are pretty loud and so are the entire line of ABUniverse diapers.

Unique Wellness's NASA briefs are very slick plastic

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast