Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you have/had a child and he was accident prone and/or a bedwetter would you offer diapers to him?

GoodJams1

Default If you have/had a child and he was accident prone and/or a bedwetter would you offer diapers to him?

I just pooped in my goodnites again. Not intentionally, but thank goodness I was wearing one. Better than cleaning poopy underwear.
    I know if I had a child, that I would offer him diapers, of course in a loving way, and not a "you're a bad boy" type of way.
    That's why I'm a DL, because I know how beneficial they are to those who sometimes have accidents.

Incontinent

if i had a child that had problems controling their bladder or pooping their pants I would have them wear goodnights or diapers as a way to manage their problem, but also in a loving way and not put them down for it.

The first step would be to go to the doctor and see what he/she thought. I would have no problem offering them but I would not try to force it on them. You have to understand that it is incredibly embarrassing for a kid to think they are going to be put back into diapers. I know a lot of us wish that we got put back into them, but do you remember how you reacted if someone made a comment about them when you were little.

I know I was offered a chance around age 6 but turned my nose up at it and walked away ignoring the person. (daycare staff teasing me)

GoodJams are you IC?

Well, if my child would be genuinly having accidents then I'd take him/her to a doctor and get him/her checked out. Chances are the last thing your child would want is to be put in diapers and a doctor may be able to help with meds or other useful advice. But yes, if all that doesn't work out then I would offer them seeing as that's what they're made for, however it would be something as a last resort.

GoodJams1

Quote Originally Posted by kwis View Post
    The first step would be to go to the doctor and see what he/she thought. I would have no problem offering them but I would not try to force it on them. You have to understand that it is incredibly embarrassing for a kid to think they are going to be put back into diapers. I know a lot of us wish that we got put back into them, but do you remember how you reacted if someone made a comment about them when you were little.

I know I was offered a chance around age 6 but turned my nose up at it and walked away ignoring the person. (daycare staff teasing me)

GoodJams are you IC?
    Excactlly, I know what you mean. My words weren't as good as yours, but that's my plan as well.

If IC means Incontinence, then I believe that I might be borderline. Sometimes when I try to stand up to go to the br, very soft poo, or water begins shooting out or if I'm camping, getting my shoes on to go pee, then out oft the tent sometimes isn't fast enough. I'm not really wet, but sometimes there's a wet spot on my undies.

I was just wondering based on your first comment. You might be borderline, I am not too familiar with incontinence.

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover

If my child had accident he could not control I would take hime to the doctor first to see what option we had to correct the issue. After the doctors visit it would be a discussion with the child on putting the options in plan words they can understand and potentially offer diapers as a option I would not force them. I also would not push this as a punishment but a way to help them so they are not embarassed.

angelabauer

Long ago my Mom was faced with the probability all her daughters would sooner or later have major bladder disease. As Mom had learned from her mother, a practical approach is to keep the family diaper-friendly. The idea is that nobody should be terrified of diapers.

If all goes well, there will be no incontinence. If there is incontinence, then at least there has been some mental preparation.

My youngest sister Missy took this diaper-friendly family approach with her daughter Karen, who was born in 1990. With all the technological advances from the 1960s, after Karen was toilet trained Missy seldom diapered her. Instead Karen would put on her own Pull-Ups or GoodNites. When Karen did revert to bedwetting in 2002, Missy took her to the primary urologist we all see, as well as a gynecologist who specializes in adolescents. Karen agrees that for bed diapers are the practical management technique.

R134A

I would first take him/her to the doctor to make sure something isn't wrong. Then I would offer diapers to him/her. But if they refused I wouldn't force them to wear diapers. But reassure them that they still have the option of wearing diapers.

Diaper Lover

i think that almost everyone here is going to say the same thing... but i would definitely get them some protection to wear (depending on the problem, like urge ic, whatever), but have them at least try to get to the bathroom, and use it. also, not in a punishing way.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast