Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it illegal to view videos & pictures?

DGNJ

Default Is it illegal to view videos & pictures?

I have a really big concern. I've searched youtube for ab/dl videos but I worry that the results will also bring up videos of people under 18 wearing diapers. And if I watch one of those videos I will be committing a crime. Is it against the law to watch a video of someone under 18 wearing a diaper (or even underwear) illegal? I am not interested in these videos but there's often no way to tell who is in a video until you watch it or view their profile.

Any info that you can provide info I would greatly appreciate it. And I thought that I read somewhere on this forum that someone was a lawyer, if anyone knows who that is, can you please direct this thread to them? Thanks.

The short answer is no, the long answer is here:
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/mature-to...illa-room.html

I wouldn't worry. You shouldn't find anything illegal on Youtube, you'd be unlucky to anyway since it would get removed fairly quickly.
    And even if you did, I doubt accidentally finding an illegal video on Youtube would be something to worry about, it's not like a SWAT team will come through the windows.

You're only going to be doing something wrong if you actively seek out such things.

DGNJ

Thanks for the thread. But it still didn't totally clear things up for me.

I'm not sure about youtube. Youtube often misses videos.

It is very simple here in the US, photo/video of a child in a diaper is not illegal, just like pics of kids in underwear would not be illegal. When it is illegal is when those photos were took in a sexual manner or to fulfill a sexual desire, or to sell them for that purpose.
    If you have photos of a family member in diapers in a non sexual way, then that is not illegal, but if you are a ab/dl and have many different photos of children in diapers (as the theme of the collection), then you could go to jail for that, many people have.

It is pretty simple, dont go looking for photos of minor in diapers, and dont collect them, as that is illegal, it is child exploitation, and carrys a hefty penalty
    What is Child Exploitation?

If you accidently view a video on youtube of a minor in a diaper while searching for videos of adults, you will probably be fine, now if you start searching for these sorts of videos, and collecting them, then the intent is pretty obvious and you could end up in jail

I hope that clears it up for you or anyone else that might be confused about this (note, the laws might be differnet in other countries)

For more reading about this, here is the law under the federal child exploitation laws (note that there are other laws that would apply also)
    http://www.justice.gov/criminal/optf...ens_guide.html
    I have also noticed that here at adisc in the photo gallery there are many photos that are iffy and are probably breaking the law here in the US, but probably not anymore then youtube or any other media website breaks the law
    Last edited by racer; 03-Jan-2010 at 22:22.

Just wanted to add, you can do your part by reporting to Youtube any videos you happen across which could fall in the illegal area with minors involved in inappropriate sexual acts or poses. It's true the Youtube censors do miss videos occasionally, and I'm sure they appreciate when viewers report ones that may have slipped by them. From what I've seen, Youtube seems to try their best to keep their site legal as far as video content goes.

As Charlie mentioned, alarms and whistles aren't going to go off at your local police station because you inadvertently caught an illegal content video on Youtube. I think it's happened to just about anyone who frequents the site pretty regularly, no matter how innocent the search criteria.

~Pramrider

Diaper Lover

Quote Originally Posted by DGNJ View Post
    I have a really big concern. I've searched youtube for ab/dl videos but I worry that the results will also bring up videos of people under 18 wearing diapers. And if I watch one of those videos I will be committing a crime. Is it against the law to watch a video of someone under 18 wearing a diaper (or even underwear) illegal? I am not interested in these videos but there's often no way to tell who is in a video until you watch it or view their profile.

Any info that you can provide info I would greatly appreciate it. And I thought that I read somewhere on this forum that someone was a lawyer, if anyone knows who that is, can you please direct this thread to them? Thanks.
    I think you should be fine. But anyway, are you under 18?

Quick Question: If your under 18 could you even be penalized for this?

Quote Originally Posted by GoodNite View Post
    I think you should be fine. But anyway, are you under 18?

Quick Question: If your under 18 could you even be penalized for this?
    yes, it is also illegal for minors to have/distribute the same material that is illegal for adults. The punishment might not be as bad, but it you were a 15 year old ab/dl doing this same stuff, the laws would apply to you in the same way, but instead of jail you might be sent to a psychiatric center for treatment instead

but like was already said, your probably safe at youtube, as long as your not collecting or doing any of the other illegal stuff

Diaper Lover

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    yes, it is also illegal for minors to have/distribute the same material that is illegal for adults. The punishment might not be as bad, but it you were a 15 year old ab/dl doing this same stuff, the laws would apply to you in the same way, but instead of jail you might be sent to a psychiatric center for treatment instead

but like was already said, your probably safe at youtube, as long as your not collecting or doing any of the other illegal stuff

Yeah, I completely understand the distribution part. But as pointed out in that that that was linked to on the one, a while ago when i searched for pics I accidentally came across a site with children in diapers. I don't quit understand if this would even be illegal for adult's, but if it was, if a minor viewed these pics it would also be illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by GoodNite View Post
    Yeah, I completely understand the distribution part. But as pointed out in that that that was linked to on the one, a while ago when i searched for pics I accidentally came across a site with children in diapers. I don't quit understand if this would even be illegal for adult's, but if it was, if a minor viewed these pics it would also be illegal?
    First, if it is a site that has a photo gallery devoted to pics of children in diapers, that is illegal. It is INTENT, it is all about intent, if it was a parents blog, and she had photos of her kids in diapers with no sexual posses/context, then it wouldnt be illegal, but as soon as you save one of those photos to your computer, it then is illegal. The parents blog, the parent does not have the intent of causing her children any harm or the intent of any sexual content. The photo site with kids in diaper collection has intent, they made that up with the intent of sexualy exploting a child.

The photos are illegal regardless of the age of the person viewing them, but if a 16 year old is caught viewing photos of kids in diapers, it is still illegal, and if it is decided something should be done, the child would probably be forced to get treatment for it. A 16 year old viewing photos of another 16 year old, while the photos are still illegal, a court might not do much about it.
    It all depends on the intent of everything, and that all depends on how a court sees the intent, and what the intent of the person is

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast