Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long to get diaper rash/Wetting in Public

Adultbaby

Default How long to get diaper rash/Wetting in Public

Hey all,

i didnt wanna make too many threads so i combined my two questions.

I just recently started to get diapers for my college dorm and other AB items. Since i have my own room i can really indulge Anyway, ive never had diaper rash, and as crazy as it sounds, i wanna know wat its like. How long does it usually take to get diaper rash if ur wearing a really wet diaper? So far ive been wearing one for 2 hours while im typing an essay for class

Also, i really want to start wearin diapers to my classes and possibly wetting them in public. If i decide to wet, what should i be careful for (besides leaking)? I mean, does it usually smell or do clothes usually cover the smell?

Thx for ur help

Quote Originally Posted by paciboy View Post
    I just recently started to get diapers for my college dorm and other AB items. Since i have my own room i can really indulge Anyway, ive never had diaper rash, and as crazy as it sounds, i wanna know wat its like. How long does it usually take to get diaper rash if ur wearing a really wet diaper? So far ive been wearing one for 2 hours while im typing an essay for class
    There isn't like a set time that'll give you a rash. Some people are prone to them, while others can have an impressive resistance to them. Basically, just keep wearing if you want to get one, although I'm in no way recommending it. Wearing for prolonged periods of times can increase your risk of other things than just a simple rash.

Also, i really want to start wearin diapers to my classes and possibly wetting them in public. If i decide to wet, what should i be careful for (besides leaking)? I mean, does it usually smell or do clothes usually cover the smell?
    Just do what your normally do when not wearing. You probably won't have a smell, but drink liquids a bit more so you have clearer urine, which would have less of an odor. Also, don't wear some real old diaper, as the urine breaks down, ammonia is released, and that's a real bad smell.

To answer your first question, I have never gotten diaper rash so I cannot answer your question. It would only be a risk if you wear for a real long time without changing.

For your second question, I have never worn outside my house but I can say that because urine has a smell but a really weak smell, I can say that unless you completely soak your diaper, it can't fully be noticed. A pair of plastic pants can greatly reduce both leaking and smell if it suits you. However a golden rule for wearing outside, DO NOT go number 2 in public to spare yourself and others.

If you need any other questions answered or want more opinion about any diaper-related topic you can seek information in the Answers Wiki on the top of the page.

I wear outside of my room all the time, and I'm in college in a single room. I do wet in public but that is about a half hour before I change. The best solution is to makes sure you shower after every change so its all clean. Happy wearing.

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover

I got diaper rash when I was potty training in pull-ups and it HURTS. I suggest avoiding it at all cost.

Its like having a case of the chicken pox in a area where you don't want it at all.
    Last edited by Fire2box; 26-Oct-2009 at 22:09.

Diaper Lover

As far as diaper rash goes, as others have said, some people are more prone to it than others. The longer you sit in in a wet diaper, along with not bathing or wiping between changes the higher your risk of getting a rash. As far as smell goes, if your pee smells you need to drink more water and less of things like coffee, energy drinks and beer.

Mesmerale

Never gotten diaper rash, but I have gotten regular rashes around that area before (Walking around in wet clothes after a water-ride at a theme park and such), and it's not fun, at all..

It sucks. It hurts to walk, and it hurts to sit still, and it hurts to put your legs together, and it just completely sucks. I wouldn't suggest it at all.

Besides, it's just not healthy in any way, shape, or form. There's a reason most people naturally avoid coming into close quarters with their waste. Because we're more likely to survive when we aren't right up against it all the time.

~~~

And I'd go with what everyone else has said so far. Drink more (Not a lot, but more) water if you're urine isn't clear or at least only lightly colored, and make sure you change every so often.

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover

You don't want a diaper rash. Trust me, it hurts.

I am one of those people who have a impressive resistance to diaper rash, but I think that is because I have been wearing my whole life (to bed for bedwetting and sometimes 24/7 for other reasons), and I think my skin just built up a tolerance and does not get rashes to often. I get a rash maybe every couple years if I decide to wear the very cheap plasitc backed diapers, and I am in them for to long while wet, so if you actually WANT to get a rash, skip all the powders/lotions, and get yourself a cheap plastic diaper that does not 'breath' at all, then maybe put on some thick plastic pants, you will have a rash in no time then you will find out real quick why you dont want a rash, and probably spend the next week out of diapers
    If you do get a rash, make sure to put something on it, like rash cream, ASAP, and dont let it go for to long or else it couple develop into something much worse that would require a doctors visit, or maybe even surgery (sores, skin infections, mersa, etc, you dont want any of those)

I think you would typically have to go for awhile (like everyone else said it depends on the person). But you probably have to go 24/7 for awhile... without showers or cleansing down there. As soon as your first diaper starts to leak change into another one quickly.

I myself have gotten one rash... not sure how. But I wear at night and I have been in a wet diaper as long as 12 hours without getting a rash. It has to be a constent thing. Also (depends on the person I am sure) but I don't think you will be able to get one with one diaper... unless you just keep it on after it leaks and leaks and leaks. I wear pretty absorbent high quality diapers... and I still don't get them after they are full.

Although cheap brand might make it easier.

All the while... rashes are a crazy idea to have!!! But hey... to each its own. Guess you got to do something to learn from it.. :P
    Have fun!

EDIT: also like everyone else says... be careful for other effects of trying to get a rash. Staff infections can kill!
    Last edited by diaperedwolfcub; 26-Oct-2009 at 21:59. Reason: careful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast