Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to hide the diaper bulge?

Caretaker

Quote Originally Posted by luvlee View Post
    Oh, and the onesie idea is great. I should order one!
    Amazon.com: Adult Bodysuit - Diapering T-Shirt , Large, White: Health & Personal Care

Check these out, I like them a lot.

Mako

Your all thinking to complicated. The easiest way to get rid of the bulge is to have nothing to cause the bulge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    Your all thinking to complicated. The easiest way to get rid of the bulge is to have nothing to cause the bulge.
    I take that approach at home but not out in public, I'm not that brave.

Quote Originally Posted by luvlee View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had tips on how to hide a diaper bulge out in public? I have found the long dresses that are a few inches past the knee or longer do a a pretty decent job, but I live in a cold climate, and that won't work for the winter coming up.
    I am a guy and I only wear pants, I find that if I wear a tighter fitting t-shirt tucked in under a longer shirt that doesn't have to be tucked in it usually hides the bulk very well.

Diaper Lover

A good onesie like the Abena body stocking, spandex shorts or athletic boxer briefs, baggy pants, (which I hate) long shirt will help reduce the bulge of diapers.

Diaper Lover

As you are a girl and panties might not cover your diaper well, I would recommend boy-short style panties. Also, the "seamless" panty material seems to hold a better shape that cotton (or at least my wife's do after she has worn them, but then she hasn't worn them over a diaper,either.) Maybe control-top panties?

I think guys have an easier time with this sort of thing because they tend not to wear tight fitting clothes. I wear Abena Extras 24/7. As mentioned, slightly larger pants (about 2 sizes larger) will usually do the trick. Also, lighter material tends to show the diaper more than heavier weight material (i.e. jeans). I don't do this, but someone also mentioned wearing some form fitting underwear to compress the diaper, which will work. Finally, when you wear diapers all the time you realize that people aren't looking at your ass all the time and thinking "I bet that person is wearing a diaper." It's just not that noticeable and it's more psychological than anything.

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover

Well, since you're talking about the colder part of the year-
    My setup if I'm wearing in public (in winter) used to be a to be a pair of briefs over the nappy, an undershirt to make sure I didn't get caught out by my t-shirt riding up, and a pair of really -really- baggy jeans. Since I got a few onesies I wear them instead of undershirts now, but I keep the briefs- mainly because a onesies doesn't compact the nappy nearly as much at the front and back- I use the onesie instead of the undershirt because it compacts the crotch- a couple of my pairs of jeans are too shallow in the crotch and so without that the outline of the nappy is visible there. It was actually my mum that pointed that out...
    Anyway, not sure how much of will apply to you since I'm a guy, but it works- an Abena X-Plus disappears under the onesie-briefs-baggies arrangement*!

I may seem ignorant by asking this, but what do you mean by a diaper cover- cutting down the odor is never a bad thing!

*Entirely dependent on the bagginess of the baggies, of course

Diaper Lover

really unless you wear amazinginly thick diapers I highly doubt you'll have to much trouble. The only thing I think that could be a problem is if the rear waistband would show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    I may seem ignorant by asking this, but what do you mean by a diaper cover- cutting down the odor is never a bad thing!
    Diaper cover = plastic pants.

They're just a waterproof elastic pair of baggy plastic underwear designed to fit over pretty much any diaper. They're generally tighter around the legs to prevent leaks, and they do also help reduce odor and even noise. I love mine, though I unfortunately lost them lately (long story, lol). I'll have to go out to buy another pair or two.

You can usually find them online for somewhere between $15-30 per pair. However, you can also go to a medical supplies store usually and pick up a pair (last one I got was only $10.50 (US). Hope that helped.

Oh, and how does your mom feel about your diaper wearing, judging as she noticed?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast