Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wearing while potty training kids

Countdown

I don't believe you should potty-train your child while wearing diapers. In fact, I don't think you should expose your fetish to your child at all. I don't think you should let them see the diapers you keep in your room (or wherever), and I especially don't think you should visibly wear diapers around the child.

I just think that a kink is best kept to oneself and one's partner. Friends don't need to know, relatives don't need to know, and one's children don't need to know, either.

Angelabauer makes a good point in that her family is mostly incontinent, yet she and her sister were still potty-trained. So wearing diapers around the child probably won't interfere with his potty-training.

Also, think about this: If your child knows you wear diapers, and your other contacts (relatives or friends) don't... What happens when your child says something like, "Daddy wears diapers"? Kids aren't very discreet.

Best of luck to potty-training your kid.

angelabauer

With all due respect, a person can be toilet trained as a toddler and then lose control later. Had I not reached puberty given I was bedwetting, my condition would be termed Secondary Nocturnal Enuresis, Since I was a couple of weeks post puberty the technical term for me is bladder incontinent. Past puberty the urology profession does not distinguish between day and night incontinence.

Missy had the same condition, eventually dry as a toddler and remained so until puberty, then she reverted to bedwetting. When she was 15, I think the summer between 9th and 10th grade of high school she lost the rest of her bladder control. Missy was the only one in my family to need a diaper in school. The next year when I was 21 and starting law school I lost the rest of my bladder control.

Does this improve your understanding, Harano?

Angela

Quote Originally Posted by Harano View Post
    From my understanding, toilet trained and incontinent are mutually exclusive.

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover

My ex was incontinent and he had a nine year old son. He knew his father wore and didn't say anything about it or seemed confused. He had no desire to wear. He knew since age seven because his father told him before his mother did because she was going to tell him and make up lies about him about it. He managed to hide his diapers from his son for all those years. His sister also wore too. My ex and his gf both tried to potty train her but she would never let them. She kept going in her pull ups and pants. Then they were told by the doctor when she was ten or eleven, now that she has gotten her period, they would never get her to stop so it's either she stops wetting herself or she wears diapers and the daughter picked she wears them. This was after he found his daughters soiled panties in her room so they took her to the doctor about it.

So they did try to potty train her and I found out from him that schools won't eject your child from going to their school for still being in diapers because children have to go to school, its the law. Only private schools can do that. Preschools do it because they are private schools so that means find a preschool that is ran by the school district.

When I have kids, I will not walk around in my diaper with nothing on over it around my child, I will not change in front of my child, or even have them stick out of my clothes for my kid to see. But what if my child likes to snoop. He or she can go in my room and look around and find my diapers. Besides if your kid tells others their mommy wears or their daddy wears, people aren't going to believe him or her. And the kid is going to get teased about it if he or she told so they would keep it a secret. They be too embarrassed to tell. When they are real little, they won't know the difference but when they get to elementary school they know what the normality is so they aren't going to want to tell anyone their parent wears because it be too embarrassing for them and afraid they get teased for it.
    Last edited by Peachy; 16-Mar-2009 at 20:30. Reason: merging double post

angelabauer

Education laws and policies vary from state to state and from district to district. Basic USA Federal law requires school district that accept Federal funding educate nearly all children.

However, Federal DOE rules do not require all children be educated in the same classroom or even in the same campus. Few states require this. Therefore most school districts find it more cost effective to transport kids with special need to designated facilities. Alternatively there could be Special Ed and Mainstream classrooms in the same building.

Many school districts will allow children who are able to remove a soiled diaper, clean themselves and put on a new diaper without aid to Mainstream. These almost always are children of above average ability and seldom younger than 2nd grade. Often the kids who are Mainstreamed have parents willing to argue with the authorities and/or file suit. One department of my law firm represents school districts in such cases if reason cannot calm the situation outside court.

Parents of the dry kids get upset if the single classroom teacher is distracted by a kid with a soiled diaper of pants. This is why the district's first reaction is to ship the kid to Special Ed.

Diaper Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I don't believe you should potty-train your child while wearing diapers. In fact, I don't think you should expose your fetish to your child at all. I don't think you should let them see the diapers you keep in your room (or wherever), and I especially don't think you should visibly wear diapers around the child.
    Thanks for your thoughtful comments, Maverick!

No, my kids have no idea that I am wearing.

Thanks again.

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover

If the kid is smart as the other kids and doesn't need extra help with anything except they have troubles with their bladder, I'm sure the parents can fight the school district for their child to stay in regular ed. We don't have this anymore where schools place kids with disabilities all in one class. They now have inclusion.

If the child soils him/herself, send the kid to the nurse. If the kid is able to change him/herself, send the kid out of the room to change. Problem solved.

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover

I, too am in the midst of toilet training my 2.5 year old. She has no idea about what I wear under my clothes. Interesting enough I am not having and mixed feelings about this. She needs to be potty trained. It is a part of life. Some days she is very cooperative, other days she is not, like today. Whether she decides to continue wearing diapers for the rest of her life is up to her. I am going to do my duty and train her none the less.

On a similar note. I have never felt any strange connection about my wearing diapers and raising an infant. I take the responsibility of being a parent very seriously. Even when I am wearing at home, I am a father first. With all of that being said, there are perks to having an infant at home. Toys to play with, fun shows to watch, and an all around nice babyish smell in the house. Also, when I use powder or lotion, no one gives me a funny look. Especially when I am with my kid.

Adultbaby

Quote Originally Posted by angelabauer View Post
    However, Federal DOE rules do not require all children be educated in the same classroom or even in the same campus..
    You're completely and totally wrong on this. The IDEA (a federal act) requires that children be placed in the least restrictive environment appropriate to their needs. Further the ADA requires reasonable accommodations be made for the disabled. Both of these come into play every day. My wife holds Masters in special ed and taught such for decades.

And back to the OP...

How does it make you feel to be wearing diapers while training your child?Do you feel a conflict of interest? A d bit weird?

Genuinely interested.

xxx

Diaper Lover

Quote Originally Posted by talula View Post
    And back to the OP...

How does it make you feel to be wearing diapers while training your child?Do you feel a conflict of interest? A d bit weird?

Genuinely interested.

xxx
    Since starting this thread I observed myself more carefully as I interact with my 3.5 year old. I think the main thing going on for me is that I am much more self conscious about wearing at home. Before we had kids and until my oldest son was old enough to pay attention to other people's toilet habits and clothing choices, I only had to worry about my wife's opinion, and she is supportive. Now that he sees, observes, questions etc. and I don't think I am ready to face his obvious question: "why are you wearing a diaper, dad?"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast