Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is up with the mean girls who wear fox tails?

Default What is up with the mean girls who wear fox tails?

Hello,
    I have been wondering for many years, like when I go to larger cities and go to some convention or something, there are usually mean girls who wear fox tales. Are they furries or something else? Why do you have to be mean to wear said tail?

Or are the people I am seeing just the bad apples of a good bunch?

Well afaik this is a question only a furry could answer...so I am hoping you can. I am really curious to know.

Babyfur
    Incontinent

*caugh* I'm female and wear a 2 fox tails.. therefore I CALL RACISM XD... AND SEXISM. *gasp*

Quote Originally Posted by Chiharu View Post
    *caugh* I'm female and wear a 2 fox tails.. therefore I CALL RACISM XD... AND SEXISM. *gasp*
    I am specifically targeting the Washington state and Northern Oregon state areas, (I cannot comment on said foxes in other places from personal, repeated experience). But probably not racist. I would be willing to bet sexist maybe. I have never found however this to be a common kind of hostility that furries put out...only specifically women who wear a fox tail and nothing else (ok I better say they have clothes on lol). However I have found their level of hostility to be near off the chart. Given your geographic location I am wondering if you have ran into any of the foxes I am talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddysLittleDefect View Post
    I am specifically targeting the Washington state and Northern Oregon state areas, (I cannot comment on said foxes in other places from personal, repeated experience). But probably not racist. I would be willing to bet sexist maybe. I have never found however this to be a common kind of hostility that furries put out...only specifically women who wear a fox tail and nothing else (ok I better say they have clothes on lol). However I have found their level of hostility to be near off the chart. Given your geographic location I am wondering if you have ran into any of the foxes I am talking about.
    ... maybe it's because these tails are the kind that attach to a butt-plug, and they haven't pulled it out in a while?

Caretaker

I live on the other side of the country from you, but I a wise man once said...

"Women are bitches."

Okay, I'm kidding. (Or am I?) You're probably just seeing some bad apples or some weird sex craze. Like how the succubi around Santa Monica draw piggies on their nipples. Something like that. (Female foxes, in my experiences as a stupid tomboy, are indeed bitchy. That could be the basis of it if it is indeed a crazy sex trend. I should write a thesis paper on it...)

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    ... maybe it's because these tails are the kind that attach to a butt-plug, and they haven't pulled it out in a while?
    Oh Crispies I am laughing so hard right now. Why didn't I think of this?

I would giggle, but I am trying to ask a serious question, and so sadly I must remain mature about it all. This has dumbfounded me for a while.

LOL

Ummm...why the Hell not? Some people at my school wear fox tails, not necessarily girls though.

Babyfur
    Caretaker

Is it possible you came off creepy to them and took their "no, thanks" reply as mean?

Sometime when an unknown guy comes up to a girl and pets her, fluffs/pulls her tail, or god forbid HUGS her out of nowhere, it can be a little unsettling. Her telling you to not do that or even over-reacting a bit isn't necessarily mean. A lot of male furries have no social skills or any concept of acceptable behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Gummybear View Post
    Is it possible you came off creepy to them and took their "no, thanks" reply as mean?

Sometime when an unknown guy comes up to a girl and pets her, fluffs/pulls her tail, or god forbid HUGS her out of nowhere, it can be a little unsettling. Her telling you to not do that or even over-reacting a bit isn't necessarily mean. A lot of male furries have no social skills or any concept of acceptable behavior.
    Here is one example. I was helping run a larp game which was in the same hotel as some anime con. I was there as an assistant regional coordinator as well. And well while we were checking people in to our event, there was a pack of oh maybe 8 of said foxes (in tail only, hence why I wonder if this is even connected to anyting furr). One of them, actually one of the best dressed ones. Who was dressed like oh I'd say a sweet lolita + fox tail, she had been sitting on one of the chairs in our room at the con, because well there were few chairs to go around and we had a good number, and her dress managed to lose a bow off the back side. A really nice, pretty, ribbony and lacy bow...I really wanted to keep it *giggles*. Anyways I was swamped so I let them leave, but I snagged it up, with an eye incase she should return. Well they didn't come back, but within that hour I was free for a time and so I decided to go up to one of the bars with a few friends to have a drink before things began. On the way to the bar, I saw the group of foxes again and I took a moment to stop and give her back her bow. I politely complimented her dress in a sentence and I got some mean and nasty looks from a few in the crowd. I didn't get a thankyou or anything like that from her. Like what did I do, shoot her dog?

She made me really wish I had kept the pretty bow, it would have looked so lovelyfull in my hair.

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover
    Babyfur
    Caretaker

Quote Originally Posted by DaddysLittleDefect View Post
    On the way to the bar, I saw the group of foxes again and I took a moment to stop and give her back her bow. I politely complimented her dress in a sentence and I got some mean and nasty looks from a few in the crowd. I didn't get a thankyou or anything like that from her. Like what did I do, shoot her dog?

She made me really wish I had kept the pretty bow, it would have looked so lovelyfull in my hair.
    Creepiness aside, I think it's more likely that they are a TIGHT-KNIT GROUP that actively repels outsiders. Your attempt at being polite was seen as an attempt at breaking into their clique. The fact that all 8 of these girls wear fox tails together means that it is NOT A TREND, but a gimmick exclusive to that single group of girls. Bottom line, don't get too hung up over it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast