Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: escape proof crib

Adultbaby

I came across this company a while back;

KayserBetten

They make "care beds" for adults and children with special needs, which are really just very large cots. They offer models with locks on the opening side, plexiglass coverings on the sides to stop you reaching between the bars (and by extension, getting access to the locks on the opening side);

escape proof crib-gitter_acrylverglasung_gr.jpg

And bars on the top to stop you climbing out;

escape proof crib-zub_gitterabdeckung_gr.jpg

And they make them in bright colours too! I remembered them as I thought between the colours, the designs and all of the options they inadvertently make what is quite possibly the perfect AB cot!

Hope that helps

Adultbaby
    Incontinent

I think it would be better to try build it reason is your talking way over thousand dollars for one of those beds on that site.

Adultbaby

Quote Originally Posted by babylife247 View Post
    I think it would be better to try build it reason is your talking way over thousand dollars for one of those beds on that site.
    True, but they are really cool!
    And if you are building a DIY cot you can always take some inspiration from the design of these professionally made ones.

Adultbaby
    Incontinent

I take a design from actual baby cribs and resize to build the crib in a 3D model design idea then look at the way I could do the rail in a way. For example, maybe a kitchen cabinet sliding door could be an inspiration for you. Then add animation to the model to see it in action what look like in real life. After see what the project would cost for parts and wood need my one design cost a little around three hundred dollar to build with paint.

ps if can't do the animations just do 3d model in sketchup to see your design idea.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnBabygurl View Post
    That is IF you can even get to a phone to call 911 if you get stuck! also i want to point out that also make sure that the person that locks you in, is someone you REALLY trust! i am not saying everyone is bad but some people ( i know from personal experience ) you think you know but then you find out they are not like you think. all i an really saying is just be careful, be safe and have an alternative to getting out just in case cause you never know what can happen!
    Definitely this.

The idea of having all control taken away from me has been intriguing me lately. I don't know why. All I know is that a locking pair of footed pajamas that zip up in the back sounds incredible.

Now, I have to add this to my list.

Adultbaby

On the subject of bondage safety, especially when doing self bondage, it's important to always have a quick way out in an emergency and a backup for that!

These ideas of course tend to conflict, because if you can get out any time, it takes a lot of the fun out of it. If you have a set of backup keys right next to you, the temptation to use them ruins the mood (for me at least).

What I tend to do is make it so my emergency escape methods, while fast, would be extremely inconvenient to actually use.

Methods vary widely based on scenario, some of my favorites are:
    - tools which can quickly cut away bondage (at the expense of destroying my gear) .. this is almost always a given
    - have the backup key tied in the middle of a string, with one end where I can reach it, and the other end looped around an icecream tub filled with water and food coloring. In an emergency I can get to the keys quickly, but I'll make a damn mess of the room (I don't really use this one much any more.. but it's out there..)
    - cell phone that I could call 911 on if things were really dire (always have this as a backup)
    - being able to yell for help (gags and being unattended don't mix!)

To the original point, would recommend building yourself if capable. The cost difference between pre-made adult baby furniture and the materials to make it yourself is astounding. Those $2000 adult cribs have maybe a few hundred dollars worth of lumber in them.. MAYBE. Also it's a much more enjoyable experience, you don't have to worry about shipping, and you get exactly what you want (well.. as exactly as any home project ever ends up ;p)

Adultbaby

Quote Originally Posted by onecho View Post
    Definitely this.

The idea of having all control taken away from me has been intriguing me lately. I don't know why. All I know is that a locking pair of footed pajamas that zip up in the back sounds incredible.

Now, I have to add this to my list.
    It's a bit off topic for this thread, but have a look here Onecho;

privatina - individual one piece fashion: abschliebarer Reiverschluss

Adultbaby
    Incontinent

I'm not sure this is such a great idea if you're going to sleep in it at night. Consider what would happen in the event of a fire. The extra time required to smash your way out could cost you your life.

Adultbaby
    Incontinent

I know from experience as a volunteer firefighter that fire can spread fast in matter minutes consumes a whole room. Very temperatures around 500 or more degrees above the floor level that the reason told to crawl on the floor less heat and smoke

Diaper Lover
    Babyfur
    Diaperfur
    Incontinent
    Caretaker

It is very possible to make what you want out of wood. I intend to make a two storey cage for me to sleep in, the upper story would be where my bed is and with an easy entrance/exit to the lower level and out into the room.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast