Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dpf

Mako

I can probably still name every pedophile that came onto me there. The funny thing about Peter File is that Tommy on several occasions stated publicly he had been banned. But it never happened.

Tommy actually did very little for the community and the real pioneer I'm told is a man named Gene Clennon. I saved two posts from another site from some older respected members discussing DPF which gives some serious insight to the older days.

"Actually, Tommy got his idea from the late Gene Clennon. Gene had the first roster listing of ABs/DLs - Li'l Wrangler - that I'd ever seen. This would have been 1978-80, or so. Before that, there were random ads in various publications - Advocate, Penthouse Letters, etc. I worked for Gene until he became too ill to run Li'l Wrangler, which was then sold to Tommy and became DPF. Some of Gene's photos from his photo sets are still floating around the Internet, 30 years later."

(this was written in response)

"Exactly. Tommy was as far from a pioneer as there could be. I would place him as more of a community leech. Other people would start projects and he would steal them and incorporate them into his own ventures with no credit to anyone. He even attempted to file lawsuits against true early pioneers, claiming he owned the rights to the terms Adult Baby, Diaper Lover and AB/DL.

I still have the nasty letter I got from his lawyer about 15 years ago when I opened a site with photos of myself and my wife. He threatened to sue me for using those terms among other things. I should dig it out for some laughs... "

Adultbaby
    Caretaker

I heard about things like that, that Tommy would threaten to sue other ABs cause he thought he owned adult baby or something. Tommy... he was and always was a creep to me. He kept the rosters list up and that has ruined lives. He thought people should pay to see stuff about adult babies. Tommy was a greedy bastard.

I had a friend of mine try to get a job and lost out because his name was still on the roster when they did a background check and found his name listed as a babysitter. I have heard also that Tommy was a bitter, unhappy man.

DPF is not one of my favorite places. Though, it did lead me to other places where the content was a little less questionable and the people had more to talk about than their diapers.

WildThing121675

Like many, I found DPF many years ago and realized that there were other people out there that wore diapers or had ab desires. I was in my early 20's and that was back when it was a newsletter. Their prices were ridiculous and Tommy acted as if he invented the idea. I think it actually got worse as a website. I pretty much only used it for the links page, but then that got really bad too. Somebody should shut that site down for good. It served a purpose many years ago, but it has long ago kicked the bucket.

DPF wasn't the first site I came across. I guess when I first looked on the web for this stuff (I was 9 so this was 2000) my search just missed it. I first came across it when I was 12 (so 2003) but I never joined or anything because I didn't understand what a forum was and internet safety had taught me to be frightened of talking to people on the internet. I guess that probably saved me from some unwanted attention.

I'm finding this really interesting to read. It is part of the history of ABDL, for better or for worse, and that makes it something that is just plain interesting to know about. From what people are saying Tommy sounds like a true arsehole. Yet it seems that site was a catalyst in the development of an ABDL community ... or communities. If something exists people will copy it. If something is seen as bad someone will try to improve it. Considering how bad it sounds like DPF was, then the people who want to improve on it succeed.

Actually a genealogy of ABDL sites would be an interesting thing to look at. I don't have the knowledge to build one though...

Anyone want to build one?

Diaper Lover

As much as the DPF site sucked in today's standards, I think that many people (like me!) will remember it as their first intro to the AB/DL community/lifestyle and I think that it will forever be a "historical" milestone for the online AB/DL world

dprdinky

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    I can probably still name every pedophile that came onto me there. The funny thing about Peter File is that Tommy on several occasions stated publicly he had been banned. But it never happened.

Tommy actually did very little for the community and the real pioneer I'm told is a man named Gene Clennon. I saved two posts from another site from some older respected members discussing DPF which gives some serious insight to the older days.

"Actually, Tommy got his idea from the late Gene Clennon. Gene had the first roster listing of ABs/DLs - Li'l Wrangler - that I'd ever seen. This would have been 1978-80, or so. Before that, there were random ads in various publications - Advocate, Penthouse Letters, etc. I worked for Gene until he became too ill to run Li'l Wrangler, which was then sold to Tommy and became DPF. Some of Gene's photos from his photo sets are still floating around the Internet, 30 years later."

(this was written in response)

"Exactly. Tommy was as far from a pioneer as there could be. I would place him as more of a community leech. Other people would start projects and he would steal them and incorporate them into his own ventures with no credit to anyone. He even attempted to file lawsuits against true early pioneers, claiming he owned the rights to the terms Adult Baby, Diaper Lover and AB/DL.

I still have the nasty letter I got from his lawyer about 15 years ago when I opened a site with photos of myself and my wife. He threatened to sue me for using those terms among other things. I should dig it out for some laughs... "

You are totally right about Gene being the pioneer what was DPF as Tommy used Gene's contact list. Gotta remember back when DPF started it was called "Diaper Pail Fraternity" - meaning it started primarily for men, particularly gay men as that was what the original list Gene had was made of.
    Later when more straight men and women began to request membership to DPF Tommy eventually changed it to "Diaper Pail Friends"

As there was no internet and had to rely on what was in print. DPF, at the time, was a God send for many of us. We thought we were alone, only to find DPF did we find we were not.

When there was a move to the internet, Tommy was not internet savy and had to rely on others to set up DPF for him. For awhile it was the best that ab/dl had. The links were good, the chat was not that bad, otherwise had to rely on IRC for communicating with other ab/dl. So anything was better than nothing back when.

As far as the "Store" Tommy had it was not the best. Many discovered where his sources of supplies came from - Babykins, VIP, Langley to name a few and you could get them at a better price. When there weren't a lot of videos out there, Tommy produced some or got people to do some for him. He filled a "niche" that wasn't available back then.

Tommy and his significant other - Marky is interested in selling, but so far nothing has been done to accomplish it as Tommy is in no condition to do anymore business so is dependent on Marky.

As far as historically who were significant to ab/dl beside Gene, well that's another story. But there were names like: Cathy Slavic "Infantae Press" out of Seattle, Washington; Carolyn of "Carolyn's Kids" out of Mass; Linda Brownleigh or "Linda Latex" out of North Carolina; Florence from The South SF Bay area in California, "Tales from the Crib" just to name a few.

First site I found when I was 11-12. There were some pictures up of Tommy in baby clothes riding a wooden horse. There was no one else in the photos, so all I saw was a sad, lonely man. I browsed the forums, never registered because I was brainwashed into believing that everyone on the internet was out to get me. I read a bunch of weird fantasy stories that turned me off completely. One of which involved a man wanting to put a girl in diapers, make her eat a lot so she gets chubby, then both of them would wear the same diaper and a machine would spray a shit-like substance into their diaper so they could roll around in it together all day.

It was disturbing. I never went back.

Quote Originally Posted by dprdinky View Post
    As far as historically who were significant to ab/dl beside Gene, well that's another story. But there were names like: Cathy Slavic "Infantae Press" out of Seattle, Washington; Carolyn of "Carolyn's Kids" out of Mass; Linda Brownleigh or "Linda Latex" out of North Carolina; Florence from The South SF Bay area in California, "Tales from the Crib" just to name a few.
    You've got a huge amount of knowledge, man. You should make a timeline or something.

Adultbaby
    Caretaker

Yeah Inky, that would be worth seeing. A time-line of how far we have come as a community as a whole. I remember when I first found out I was not alone was in a magazine a friend gave me. At that time, I was wearing diapers 24/7, and having a weird time with it due to bladder.

Well, my friend gave me a magazine of fetishes and one of the things- inert Gomer Pyle impersonation here- SURPRISE, SURPRISE... Adult baby. It made me feel better about wearing diapers. This was when the internet was in it's infancy and I did not get my first internet computer til July '00. And now, I am glad we have more resources more than just DPF.

Inky, you should do a time-line of ABDL history man. I would love to know more about it.

WildThing121675

Diaper Lover
    Caretaker

TIN FOIL HAT time kiddies.

If you do a wee bit of reaearch you may find it fascinatingly hard to figure out who is paying the bill for the massave amount of space DPF takes up on somebodies server. A website that large that goes dormant for that long yet still operates.....

What better way to have a database on another "bizarre group" of "deviants" and once your on the rosster you can never leave.

I will place my bet on the F BI after all that is who nailed the that little rat bastard from coppermine a few years back and that is who I have worked with to kill a certain overseas website. However since I am not officialy part of the "club" anymore I don't get to know everything those guys are doing to watch our community. Oh and if you don't think we are watched by ITP and the FBI you may want to read the patriot act again.

I don't have any issue with he scrutiny since what I do is my choice and does not harm anyone. Its the perverted little F-ers that I love to see when the Feds givem a bus ticket to colorado.

I haven't had any issue with DPF:

I was a paying member for a couple of years. (Paranoid me, I faxed in my driver's license with some things blacked out and my credit card number with some parts missing, and instructed the recipient to e-mail me for the rest. He/she did, and everything went smoothly.) I got the newsletter several times, and some of it was interesting, and some of it wasn't. I ordered a hypnosis tape, which I turned into a CD, then an MP3, then an encrypted MP3, and put it on some backup somewhere which I've lost... I met a lot of people through DPF, went to a few parties, and hosted one. Babytalk was fun, #diapers on EFnet was excellent, and a good time was had. Eventually I moved and got a new credit card and cell phone number, so there's not much of my information left.

In my humble opinion, DPF was a decent organization in the right time at the right place. I'm sorry to hear that anyone had trouble with them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast